A lifelong fascination with beautiful fabrics, clothes & accessories led to studying Fashion Design at the reputable Glasgow Clyde College, gaining skills in illustration, pattern cutting & garment construction. A natural progression into Textiles followed due to inspirations, projects & personal style strongly revolving around colour, pattern & texture.
Learning embroidery, print & weave techniques has been a thoroughly invigorating & enjoyable journey resulting in graduating from Heriot Watt Design School with a BA Honours in Printed Textiles Design.
Throughout studies recognition has been gratefully received from reputable sources including;
• Awarded Best Use of Colour within Printed Materials scholarship from London Corporation of Colour & Dyers
• Winning Scottish Borders Manufacturing Corporation scholarship
• Being selected by Bute Fabrics designers to intern with brand following HND live industry project
Additionally, an extensive range of industry placements & experiences have been gained due to working with;
• SPACE Art Studios & Gallery – currently FOH assistant
• Bluebellgray, Keeler Gordon, Mirjam Rouden, Voyage Decoration & Bute Fabrics – textiles studio internships
• Heriot Watt Design School – print room course assistant & social media content creator
• Brora Cashmere – visual merchandising prop creator
• Bute Fabrics – woven textiles industry placement
• Pencil Agency at Port Eliot Festival & Future Textiles at Dumfries House – workshop creative
Now recently moved to London, keen to further design knowledge & experience I am actively seeking creative opportunities…